SharePoint is currently going through the biggest period of change in its 18-year history, with the introduction – and continuing evolution – of a wide-ranging set of architectural updates, radical new templates, user experience overhauls, and modern development techniques.
When you’re planning to deploy or refresh a SharePoint Online environment, one of the first questions you’ll need to consider is whether to build your deployment on modern sites or classic sites. In this paper, we’ll guide you through the advantages and disadvantages of each approach and explain how to get the most value from a switch to the modern sites model.
This 21-page guide is written by one of our Senior SharePoint consultants, Jason Lee, and aims to help organisations gain a better understanding of the different between the two SharePoint experiences to help inform which one suits them. The guide includes:
- SharePoint's journey up to the modern experience
- At a glance: modern vs classic
- Page editing and user experience comparisons
- Customisation and development possibilities and best practices
- Architecture and governance considerations
- Recommendations: which to choose when
- More resources and links