Most organisations are using Microsoft Office 365 for cloud-based productivity, however Microsoft's more recent offering combines Office 365 along with security and mobility products within Enterprise Mobility + Security (EMS) and the latest Windows 10 operating system. This bundle is known as 'Microsoft 365' and is much more than just Office 365.
As organisations have embraced modern, mobile and cloud working this has brought numerous advantages: increased flexibility, better access to data, simplified collaboration - and overall, increased the productivity and ease of working for staff. However, this has also caused security and management headaches for IT teams - trying to control and secure data across cloud apps and on an increasing number of endpoints per person, as well as the continual increase in cyber security threats, which are becoming more profitable for attackers.
Microsoft 365 provides a wealth of products to alleviate these issues and to give visibility and security over company data, devices and identities. Underpinned by Microsoft's Intelligent Security Graph that collects trillions of signals daily, it uses this unparalleled telemetry to allow its security products to discover and evolve against new threats.
The difficulty with Microsoft 365 can be understanding all the products, features and benefits that it includes - and making sure that you make the most from your investments. Our Microsoft 365 Enterprise Guide explains what products are included within E3 and E5, what they each do and how everything is priced and licensed.
Video: Securing remote workers with Microsoft 365
Watch our on-demand video to see:
- Common security challenges of remote working
- Zero Trust - what does good look like?
- Microsoft 365 security - what is available
- What areas you should be prioritising for highest value
Questions that this guide will answer
- What is Microsoft 365 and all the products within it?
- What are all the included products and what do they do?
- Why upgrade from Office 365 to Microsoft 365?
- What are the new security releases from Microsoft?
- What are the various plans and licences available?